Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bookography (38)

Bookography
Bookography is a fun new way to share the beauty of books with photography. Take a picture with the book being the focus or inspiration and share the picture(s) you have created for the week.

Inspired by Looking For Alaska by John Green

I got a book last week that explained how to do smoke photography and I had a lot of fun playing with it for an hour or so. The smoke is created using incense, a black background and an off camera flash set diagonally behind the smoke at the highest power. The camera has to be in the manual setting with a shutter speed of 1/200-1/250, aperture at f/8- f/16, low ISO 100-200 and also switching the focus to manual focus. 

When I was going through the photos I came across this one and I thought of the Looking For Alaska cover.

If you would like to participate please do. I will post my Bookography post each week on Wednesdays. I would love if you would link back to my blog and share your own link in the comments.
To see my previous weeks pictures check out my Bookography tab 


<Bookography

3 comments:

Alba said...

YEY!! I KNEW IT!!
hahaha
I was going to say so when I saw the whole album and told you about the John Green HUGE resemblance XD I'm in love! Simply beautiful!! Argh!! I really really like it!!! T_T

Kristan said...

Wow you took that photo? Its gorgeous! I could never imagine capturing something like that on camera!!! As always I love your photos!!!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Bookluvr Mindy said...

Whoa! That's AMAZING!!!!