Friday, January 7, 2011

Book 3: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Book 3 in my quest to read 3 new authors for a book signing
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
I would give this book 4 stars
It really had my heart race like crazy! I have never read any of these types of books, murder mystery or true crime type of books, but I'm glad it was a young adult version and not an adult one. I can't really handle those types of books or movies even. The suspenseful type makes me too anxious. After I was done I reading I was really motivated to take self defense class, but I have always wanted to do this. The target for the murderer is young attractive teenage girls in the Buckley, WA area. Which I am only around 45 minutes from that area and although I am not a teenager it still makes you think about being in potential vulnerable positions and I want to be able to fight back against anyone who might threaten me.  
On another note I did like both of the characters, Violet the one who can sense dead bodies and Jay her best friend since they were 8 and now feeling are turning into something more. He is supportive and her rock when she finds a dead body in Lake Tapps.
The creepiest part was the book goes into the mind of the murderer and him searching for his victims and how he is able to manipulate them with a few choice sentences. Scary!
I will be reading more of her books the next book is out February 15th The Desires of the Dead.
I will have to ask how many books she plans on having in this series?
And if she had any issues with writing from the POV of the murderer?

Next book I'm reading in Bloodshot by Cherie Priest
I happened across an ARC and she is also another local author and doing a book signing as well in February.

No comments: