Monday, December 12, 2011

Shatter Me Review

Shatter Me

Summary
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
 

What I Loved
Emotions
There are so many emotions in all the words and descriptions I couldn't help but completely become very involved with the characters and the story. At first I wasn't so sure about the cross out text, but as the story progressed and we got to understand Juliette I came to enjoy her personal censorship.
Characters 
Juliette: I'm very impressed with her character, in the beginning I was a little worried that I wouldn't care for her and that she might annoy me, thankfully that wasn't the case. I loved how strong of a character she is and even though she has gone through a lonely life she hasn't let that make her bitter and mean. 
Adam: I completely love love his character, he is going to be on my list of favorite boys in the YA genre. I love his passion, I love his compassion, his tenderness, and his complete devotion to the ones he loves.
Warner: I really hope there aren't any Warner fans out there I read Tarereh's faq and one of the questions is "Is it wrong that I like Warner" In my opinion, yes! He is a freaking fanatical psychotic nut job, but he does make for a great obsessive villainous character. Sorry to all you Warner fans out there, he has a lot of redemption to make up to become a likable character in my eyes. 
Romance
WOW, just awesome romance. The romance was a perfect blend of sweet, touching, intense and hot.

What I Didn't Like 
I have to wait a whole year for the next book. I hate love hate love love/hate you fellow bloggers for making me read this book now, completely torture that I have to wait for more. At the same time the story is pretty amazing and I'm glad I didn't wait to read this one. I guess I am just going to have to re-read the books with each new book release.

Recommendation 
Got to read this book. 

Information 
Genre: YA Dystopian, Romance, Fantasy
Shatter Me Trilogy 
Shatter Me
Book 2 Fall 2012
Book 3 Fall 2013

Could you keep your sanity with 264 days of isolation?


<3Books

2 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

I'm in the middle of reading it now! Love it. Especially the writing. It just pulls me in. :) Great review.

Bookluvr Mindy said...

Yay!!! I get so excited when someone else reads this one and feels the same way I did! I was actually mad at myself for waiting so long to read it!