Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wolfsbane Review

Wolfsbane
By Andrea Cremer

Summary
When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

What I Liked
Drama
This book has a lot of drama, a lot of things are happening and the pace never lets up. Even when they are talking about history I felt completely entranced. Something is always going on and I was left wondering what Andrea would throw at us next.
Sorrow
A lot of sad things happened during the book and a lot of friends were lost. Some of the losses were by death the others were by betrayal. I'm still surprised with how many people were killed during this book. But the action that was in the book was intense and awesome.

Team Boy
I'm still on Team Shay although throughout the book I was really missing Ren.

Some Annoyance 
Calla: I didn't love her as much in this book. She breaks a little under all the immense pressure, but that just shows how human she can be. I respect her decision to not choose until she can save her pack, but at the same time it is so frustrating because I am Team Shay and I love his character. I can't wait for her to make her final decision and stick to it with her whole heart.

Recommendation
Definitely read this series.

Information
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
Nightshade Trilogy
Nightshade (hardback and paperback)
Wolfsbane (hardaback and paperback)
Bloodrose (hardback)

Andrea is going on tour and I will be seeing her at the WA location. Check out her Tour Stops to see if she is coming near you. 

Have you read the trilogy yet?


<3Books

1 comment:

Bookluvr Mindy said...

At the end of Nightshade I was a little mad at Calla for leaving her pack, but I actually gained a lot of respect for her in this book.