Saturday, November 17, 2012

Carrier of the Mark Review

Carrier of the Mark 

Summary
Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.


What I Loved
Story
Loved the magic, romance, conflicts, the beginning of many trials to come and of course the setting. I was kept very interested throughout the entire book, never any dull moments that made me want to skim through paragraphs.
Romance
A Romeo and Juliet type love affair, always a wonderful classic type love. They have wonderful chemistry and passion, they still keep it innocent for the younger readers though. I am rooting for them to be together and I can't wait to see what will happen in the next book. Fallon has some hard trials ahead of them in the coming books.

A Little Concerned
When I first started reading the book I was a little put off by all the similarities to Twilight. The grouchy across the room first meeting with a cold shoulder, the new girl in a small town with the mysterious hottie family, a Rosalie type character and even the almost attack and save. But I guess we have to all realize that similarities will always happen in books, there is only so many storylines that can be created, but how the author creates the characters and conflicts is how this story completely went its own direction. By the middle of the book I no longer cared about the similarities and I was completely riveted and entranced with this Irish land with magic.

Recommendation
Even with the little off puts I still completely enjoyed and loved the book. It is a great quick read that kept me interested at every page. Worth the read for all readers in this genre.

Information 
Carrier Trilogy
Carrier of the Mark
Shadow of the Mark July 9, 2013
Age of the Fifth

What element would you like to control?


<3Books

3 comments:

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I've been meaning to read this for a while. Glad you liked it even though it reminded you so much of Twilight. I don't think you are the only one, I've seen a lot of people say that.

Fiktshun said...

I stopped by yesterday and saw your awesome review and it made me want to read Carrier of the Mark which I've had on my pile forever.

I had heard of the similarities, but that wasn't an issue for me as long as the characters felt different. Sometimes the framework of a story is what makes readers flock to a book or genre. Just look at chick lit or romance.

So, because of your review I started it this morning before work and devoured 25% of it already. It's a quick and fun read. And I do see what you did about the similarities but I'm totally enjoying it, like you did.

Thanks for making me move this one to the top of the pile. It's exactly the kind of book I need to read right now!

Sorry for the long rambly comment. And I hope all is going well with you and baby!

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Greetings, earthling!! Shouldn’t be long, gottawanna run back to Heaven; however, in the meantime, take anything and everything you wanna from our wonderfull, plethora-of-thot to write the next, great masterpeace -if- I can but kiss your gorgeous, adorable feets and/or cuddle withe greatest, ex-mortal-girly-ever to arrive in Seventh Heaven. Think about it. Do it! Get back with me Upstairs, k? God bless you, doll: pleasure-beyond-measure is waiting in the Great Beyond for you and eye …thewarningsecondcoming.com