Monday, April 18, 2011

Goddess Test Review

Goddess Test 
By Aimee Carter

Summary
 It's always been just Kate and her mom-and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld-and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy-until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.

If she fails...

What I Liked
Greek Mythology
I loved the use of Greek mythology, I love reading any book that presents this within their story. I especially love the use of Hades as a good tortured character. I didn't like the Percy Jackson version of Hades nor the Clash of the Titan's version of Hades. In this story Aimee uses a present version of the mythological characters, Hades has taken a new modern name Henry. The other main 13 gods and goddesses do make an appearance in the book as well
Characters
Henry/Hades: I do really love this character. I love the brooding, dark, mysterious and aloft male character. He is very broken and just needs the right willing female character to help him heal. He is perfect, but like I said before I really do love the Hades character when he is portrayed as the ruler of the dead not a world dominating psycho path like others like to paint him as.
Kate: I love that she doesn't do the typical love at first sight he is "the one" that YA has been doing a lot of. She is a willing character to give up anything to help others, she completely loves and is devoted to being with her mom and place the time with her mom above all else in her life, a self sacrificing character. She isn't demanding, weak or whiny, she learns to except the situation she is in and go with the flow and make the best of it.
Conclusion
I really was surprised with the ending. It did a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming at all. When you thought things had finally settled down another ball was thrown at you. I definitely loved how it ended, it came to a good ending, no major cliffhangers but I can't wait to see what will happen in the next book.

What I Didn't Like
???? I'm really racking my brain and I can't think of anything!

Recommendation
Yes, a book for any Greek mythology lover to read! I will be getting a physical copy of it since I read it as an ebook from netgalley. 
Release Date is tomorrow April 19th, you have got to get this book!!
Amazon $9.99
Borders $9.99 but if you have 33% off coupons, you can use it

If you are like me and love Greek mythology and Hades stories check out these books as well:
Goddess of Spring by PC Cast
This is part of a series called the Goddess Summoning Series, but each book is about a different God or Goddess and doesn't need to be read in order. Adult romance
Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman YA

Information
This series will be a trilogy, I love trilogies!!
Goddess Test #2 Goddess Interrupted out in February 2012
Goddess Test #3 Untitled out in November 2012

 Do you love reading Greek Mythology?


<3Books

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book reminds me of Abandon by Meg Cabot. Another great read!