Sunday, April 10, 2011

In My Mailbox #4

A New Way to Read
IMM #4
IMM is a meme hosted by The Siren Story. To find out how to participate and official details check the IMM Page. Anyone can participate telling about what they received, bought or borrowed.  

Books I Won
Left: XVI by Julia Karr
I won this from Fikshun's quick draw contest check out her website http://www.fiktshun.com/fiktshun/ Thanks Rachel for the book, I look forward to reading it
Right: Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie this is a signed copy :)
I won this from Sarah on her 1st Blogoversary Giveaway http://www.feelingfictional.com/ Thanks Sarah, I can't wait to read it 

Bought From Borders
Another location is going out of business, thankfully my old location is still safe. Romance was 40% off, Literature 30% and YA only 20% 
She spells her name the same way as me, how cool is that!
I complete destroyed my 1st copy, so I decided this was a good time to replace it
I just wanted to get a 2nd copy to get signed, we will see what I decide to do with it :)
I had to get this since it was signed, but now I'm really disappointed that I didn't know they were coming to town to do a signing I would have made the availability to go

Given to Me
A Kindle
 
So I was talking to a friend saying that I think I might finally cave and get a used ebook somewhere for inexpensive because there are some books I want to get from NetGalley, but they are all ebooks. So she tells me you can my mom's old one, she isn't using it and it is just sitting doing nothing. I'm really excited to try this thing, it took me a little bit just to figure out how to get NetGalley stuff onto it but I managed. I'm not sure what addition it is, but it works and that is all that matters to me :) 

From NetGalley and the book's publisher, thanks
YA
Out April 26th
Out May 24th

Adult 
Out Now
Out April 19th
Out May 24th

Do you have some sort of electronic reader? How do you like it?

This Weeks Outlook
This week on Thursday I'm going to Cassandra Clare and Holly Black's book signing and I'm so excited. So far I have 2 others coming with me, I working on 1 more person :) I'm still debating if I want to get any of Holly's books, I haven't read any of her books so I'm still thinking about it.

I need to finish reading The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel by next week because Tuesday the 19th I'm going to another book signing in Portland. Yay for that one as well I think it will be freaking crazy, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad.


<3Books

6 comments:

Vy said...

Cool! I also got Two Moon Princess and awesome netgalley books! Hope you'll enjoy your books :)

Jennifer A said...

Oh, I've been eying those vampire books. i can't wait to see what you think about them!

I have a kindle and I love it so much! I still buy regular ol' books when I want to own it because I love the cover or whatever. I love the convenience of the kindle though. It's so nice! It's fantastic for the galleys that are available for the kindle.

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Jennifer A said...

I would love to go on a Half Price book tour!! how fun would that be?? We might actually be heading up to Seattle in June to see the Braves play the Mariners. I could totally try to skip one of the games (my husband wants to see all three).

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Jennifer A said...

Oh, that's awesome! Two signings it two days. i had no idea she was coming. I haven't read her series yet, but I really should. I guess I'll have to read them before June.

Hhmmmm. That's a tough decision! The store she's at the next day in Portland is on the other side of town from where the Supernatural event is. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I'm excited! Thanks for telling me!

Jennifer of Little Shelf

vvb32 reads said...

mmm, good stuff! i'm curious about xvi.
love my kindle. it opens up a door to a slew of books!

Kristina said...

I'm still getting use to reading on the Kindle and puzzling the thing out