Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday (19)

Top 10 Tuesdays
Topic: Top Ten Vivid Worlds/Settings in Books
This meme is created by The Broke and the Bookish, anyone can participle telling about their top 10 topic items are.

1. Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey
This world is amazing, not just the cultures Jacqueline has created, but the gods as well and Elua's precept "Love as Thou Wilt"

2. Middle Earth
I don't really have to say more

3. Oz
Another no brainer

 4. Dark Dynasties by Kendra Leigh Castle
Come on, I want a man that purrs! 

5 Harry Potter
I want to be a wizard, hands down. Forget being a lame muggle, I want to weird plants or creatures living in my garden.

6. On the Edge by Ilona Andrews
3 separated parallel worlds, our world without magic, the in-between with little magic and the magical realm with lots of magic. 

7. Theatre Illumanita Trilogy by Lisa Mantchev
This world is crazy cool, anything and everything could be possible when written by Bertie

8. Eon by Alison Goodman
This world has dragons, it just sounds amazing.

9. Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini
Another epic world with dragons

10. Atlantis Series by Gena Showalter
All the mythological creatures are here, yes I want to be there and get myself a sexy dragon shifter.

What are your favorite worlds/settings?


<3Books

4 comments:

Ruth Donnelly said...

Awesome list. The Edge sounds interesting!

kristy1504 said...

Great list! Totally agree with Harry Potter and Eragon! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

April (BooksandWine) said...

Right?! I would do anything to be a wizard.

Also I love the world in Eon and how they have different people who are chosen to bond with a specific dragon. Sigh. LOVE.

My TTT

Anonymous said...

I posted about my fav books today:-) The only one we have in common is HP--I'll have to check out some of these. Wasn't a fan of Eragon though.