Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bookography (35)

Bookography

Bookography is a fun new way to share the beauty of books with photography. Take a picture with the book being the focus or inspiration and share the picture(s) you have created for the week.

Book
Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn
Apple of Discord

This is taken with my new 50mm lens, I love this little lens already. What makes it so wonderful is it had a very shallow depth of field so things behind it get very fuzzy.

The inspiration for this photo is actually a challenge topic for a dpreview.com contest. They are friendly challenges for photographers to enter pictures and vote on fellow entries. This challenge is "Apple" contestants are able to interpret how they wish, I of course found a book with apple and I interpreted it this way. I hope it does well, I do have another book entry entered in another challenge, I'll show that picture next week.

Initially I didn't add the little tag on this picture and I wasn't loving the original version. I figured out I need to add this tag, because the apple did have a tag when it was thrown in the crowd of goddesses. The tag finished the photo for me and I'm so glad I retook this photo and didn't settle.

Post processing was simple. I just added a little dark vignette to the corners and did some fill and brightening to the photo.

Check Out Alba's Bookography#7@---BookPics---

f you would like to participate please do. I will post my Bookography post each week on Wednesdays. I would love if you would link back to my blog and share your own link in the comments.

To see my previous weeks pictures check out my Bookography tab 
<3Bookography

3 comments:

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I just love your creativity!

Alba said...

T_T if you continue on with this kind of pictures I think I'll get a complex lol!
I LOVE it!
Though I've never even HEARD of that book! *-* what's it about?

As always, IN LOVE and can't wait to see your other picture!

Casperdarin said...

I am really appreciate to visit this good post. This post sawing a lovable photos. books covers are important to know about the books subject.

photo book