Friday, April 27, 2012

The Last Echo Review

The Last Echo

Summary
In the end, all that's left is an echo...
Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye...

What I Loved
Intense
Kim has done it again, she has made my heart pound and sit on the edge of my chair wondering how the heck Violet is going to make it out of this situation this time.
Characters 
Violet: I still enjoyed her character. Her faithfulness to Jay is wonderful, but her confusion about Rafe makes her a normal teenage girl and adds entertainment. I have to say, it would suck to be her, she always draws the murders attention and that is not a good thing.
Rafe: If I didn't love and miss Jay so much in this book I would love Rafe even more. I'm conflicted with Rafe, I really do love the dark brooding boys and he fits this so well and this connection that him and Violet has is both intriguing and concerning. I don't know what to fully make of him, but I really do like him and I want to know more about him.
Murder's POV
This always freaking creeps me out to no end, but I do think it is a good thing and it brings me back down to Earth and reminds me to not judge people by their looks. The good looking ones can be even more dangerous because you can let your guard down around them since they don't "look" the part of psycho.

Didn't Like
I'm a such a wuss and this book scares me! Really make you think about knowing a person before you trust them, looks can be deceiving. I'm still waiting for Violet to finally learn self defense, just reading the books makes me want to learn. 

Recommendation 
A must read series

Information 
The Body Finder Series
The Body Finder
Desires of the Dead
The Last Echo
Book 4 2013

The Pledge Trilogy
The Pledge
The Essence Jan 1st 2013
Book 3

Could you handle finding dead bodies?
The bodies I could handle, it's the murder that I couldn't


<3Books

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The trailer looks really scary. I like these kinds of stories, the ones that keeps you paranoid at night.

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I've only read book one so I've really been wanting catch up on this series. What? There's a love triangle in this one? I love Jay! I didn't LOVE book 1 but I really liked it. I remember it being a quick read too. I did like seeing things from the killer's POV...and it was a little creepy!