Monday, May 14, 2012

Of Poseidon Review

Of Poseidon

Summary
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.

What I Loved
Merfolk 
I haven't read many merpeople stories, not because I don't like them, only because I haven't gotten my hot little hands on many of them. I personally am not much of a sea person, but if I grew a tail and could transform into a mermaid I would sure love the sea then. Love mermaids, especially the mermen after reading this story. Where can I find my own hot merman? I also enjoyed the merpeople history and use of both Triton and Poseidon with tie ins to Atlantis.
Characters
Galen: Oh swoon! I am completely in love with him! Love his I'm a tough bad ass merman superior to all the mere mortals. Love the attraction and how defensive he gets over Emma, so touching and cute.
Emma: She a quite an enjoyable character too. Her coming of age discoveries of herself and capabilities are fun to read. Her hot little temper adds some spice to her interactions with Galen and his sister.
Romance
Loved the romance in this book, it was perfect, cute, touching and sweet.
Rotating POV
Loved that we get to know both Galen and Emma's feelings through out the book with each chapter rotating characters. I Did think it was kinda odd that Emma's chapters were from 1st person while Galen's were told in 3rd person. I guess it was an easy way to distinguish who's chapter it was since the chapters weren't labeled as Emma or Galen.

Killing Me
Oh that ending! When I read the last sentence I was like "What?! I NEED MORE! NOW!" A tortuous cliffhanger ending, love them, but they do kill me.

Recommendation 
Got to read this fantastic merpeople book.

Releases 
May 22nd 2012
Amazon / B&N / Book Depository 
 
Information 
Of Poseidon
Book 2
So far only 2 books are contracted for the series

Anna will be part of the Fierce Reads Tour and I will be meeting her on June 9th, so excited for this event. 

Do you have a favorite merpeople story?
this easy became one of my favorites


<3Books

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read this but based on all the reviews I've come across it feels like I already have. It sounds like a really fresh and fantastic read. I want me some merfolk too!

Talk Supe

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I thought the ending was PERFECT! For some reason I saw it coming but it was done perfectly!!!

Kristina said...

@Braine It is a really good mer story, well worth the read

@Mindy I wasn't surprised with the ending. Cliffhangers kill me.