Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cold Fury Review

Cold Fury
By T.M. Goeglein

Summary
Jason Bourne meets The Sopranos in this breathtaking adventure

Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.

Action packed, with fresh, cinematic writing, Cold Fury is a riveting and imaginative adventure readers will devour.

What I Loved
Action 
I have always been a fan of action packed books and movies and this book is filled with it. I was always wondering how Sara Jane was going to get out of her current mess and what the next step would be. I never had to skimming through the pages waiting for it to pick up. 
Character
Sara Jane: She is awesome! I love characters who know how to kick-ass, is logical and doesn't loose her cool in a really tough and hard situation. Her life is literal in shambles as she struggles to learn her families hidden secrets while on the run from a few different groups. 
Touch of Power
This is one of those magical realism books, only a little ability is added to enhance the value of the person wielding the ability. Definitely makes the book even better.

Didn't Like
When I first started reading the book I didn't know if Cold Fury was a stand alone book or a series, it is a trilogy by the way. When I was getting near the end and realizing she only had chapters to reunite with her family I came to the conclusion that more books would follow. This made me both sad and happy. I want more books, but I also want to know how she is going to rescue her family. I guess I just have to wait for the next two books.

Recommendation 
Awesome read. Very light on the romance and perfect for male or female readers who love action packed books.

Information 
Cold Fury Trilogy
Cold Fury
Book 2
Book 3
Do you like kick-ass female heroines?


<3Books

No comments: