Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hidden Review

Hidden

Summary
The mystery enshrouding Hutton’s Bridge is as impenetrable as the fog that descended at its borders eighty years ago. Each year, three villagers enter the mist searching for answers. No one ever returns.

Then a dragon falls from the sky to the town square, dead—the first glimpse of an outside world that has become nothing more than a fairy tale to Hutton’s Bridge. Except to Tressa.

Tressa grew up with Granna’s stories of the days before the fog fell. When Granna dies, leaving Tressa without any family, Tressa ventures into the fog herself, vowing to unravel the foul magic holding Hutton’s Bridge captive. 

What she discovers beyond the fog endangers the lives of everyone she loves.

What I Loved
Characters
Tressa: My favorite type of female character, she struggles with what she must do, but when she needs to stand up and do the hardest things she gets it done. She is willing to make sacrifices for the good of her people and willing to sacrifice her happiness and self for the ones she loves. I'm really excited to see what happens to her in the next book, and I wonder what she will be doing next to save her village again.
Fantasy
I love fantasy, I love new and different worlds that are created and this one is confusing at first because the characters we are following don't even know or understand the world they are in. The whole deadly fog is a crazy and kinda scary concept. I'm not sure if I could do what Tressa has to do without crumbling in fear.
Romance
Although the book mainly isn't about romance, it has a wonderful touch of lost loves and romance. It was the perfect amount for this book. 

Didn't Like
This is the first book in a series and now I have to wait for the next one, I wish it was in my hands right now!!

Recommendation
Great read for fantasy, romance and action lovers.

Information
Dragonlands
Hidden
Hunted


<3Books


No comments: