Friday, July 1, 2011

Stolen Review

Stolen

Summary
'A taut, sensual thriller that grips from the first page. Elena Michaels is at once sublime and sympathetic, a modern heroine who shows that real women bite back' Karin Slaughter, author of BLINDSIGHTED and KISSCUT It's time to bite back. Elena Michaels is a wanted woman. She hasn't done anything wrong. Well, not recently, anyway. But ten years ago her lover turned her into a werewolf: the only female werewolf in the world, in fact. And now, just as she's finally coming to terms with this rather startling situation, a group of scientists learns of her existence. They're hunting her down, and Elena is about to run straight into their trap. But they haven't reckoned on Elena's adoptive family, her Pack, who will stop at nothing to get her back. They haven't reckoned on Elena herself, either, and that's a big mistake... Breathtakingly thrilling, hip and funny, STOLEN is another page- turning triumph from an author who is going from strength to strength.

What I Liked
Villain
The egotistical, superior, self-righteous rich guy or religious nut, I really really HATE these types of bad guys the most. In the case of Stolen we are dealing with the rich guy type, I just mentioned the religious nuts because they scar me. The rich guy is so frustrating for me, I would really love to punch him and kick his ass, he brings out the violent nature in me. But who wouldn't want to punch the guy standing over you with a gun pointed to your head telling you to strip, laughing and being all smug while nudging his buddies about what he can make you do. So yes I really hate this character in the book, but a good book will pull at all your emotions the good and the bad, making you feel elated and frustrated.
Violence
There is a lot of violence in this book, bullets flying and necks snapping. I personally do enjoy a good kick ass violent book amidst all my wonderful happy go lucky HEA (Happily Ever After) books.
Elena
I like her even more in this book, just as smart mouth and quick witted as ever. She has come to terms with some issues in Bitten and I am happy with where her relationship is at with her lover Clay. I like how she thinks during her captive time, she is trying to play nice but is continually thinking of her escape route. 

What I Didn't Like
It did get a little slow during her captive time, I kinda just wanted it to move along and something to finally happen. "Escape or attempt to escape already", was a thought process at one point. Not long after though the pace picked back up and the excitement started.

Reading Order
Do read this book after Bitten, don't read it before. Bitten and Stolen are both from Elena's POV. 

Recommendation
These books are NOT really for the passive faint of heart, you have to be ready for the character to snap a neck and move on, that is just the way the book is. 

Information
Women of the Otherworld
13 books are currently contracted for the series
1) Bitten (See My Review)
2) Stolen
3) Dime Store Magic
4) Industrial Magic
5) Haunted
6) Broken
7) No Humans Involved
8) Personal Demon
9) Living with the Dead
10) Frostbitten
11) Waking the Witch
12) Spell Bound out July 26, 2011

I think I will be writing reviews for all of these books, I have been seeing that people have read these out of order. I will be creating a new Reading Order section in my review to suggest if the book is ok to read out of order or if you should read it in order. I have been noticing the character POV do change for each book.

Do you like violent/action books?


<3Books

No comments: