Friday, June 17, 2011

Alyson Noel Event

Alyson Noel
Signing Event
Portland Oregon
June 9th


This was a pretty awesome event. I loved Alyson, she is so cute and super sweet! I really wish I would have recorded the Q&A part of the event.

She had some flight problems and luggage problems so she ended up being around 20 minutes late. But that was no big deal, it didn't bother me one bit. I was able to sit in the front row, I was there almost 2 hours early for the event. I also got to hang out again with my buddy Jennifer from Little Shelf, we got to chat more with each other.

She did read part of a chapter from Everlasting, but I kinda ignored it since I haven't read the last 2 books and a part did get spoiled, but I won't say what it is just in case you haven't read those two books as well.

A Few Q&A 
(I summarized her answers to the best of my memory)
Will Evermore and Blue Moon ever be published in hardback?
Alyson: I have no say in this what so ever. This is a publishers choice and for a while they were talking about republishing them, but I doubt that ever will happen.
Why is the cover girl in Evermore also the same on the cover of North of Beautiful?
Alyson: This does happen periodically. The model was a stock photo, which is cheaper, the photo was suppose to be taken out of the available options but it wasn't. They also got released on the same day. Once the books made the bestseller list, a specific cover model was used as Ever. The spines all have the same look and will stay the same.
Is there a movie deal?
Alyson: All 10 books have been bought (including the 4 Riley books)

 Alyson Noel and I

 Alyson signing books

 Stocking her books with lots of awesome swag

  My stack of books I got signed

Yay for book signings, I love meeting new authors!!!


<3Books

2 comments:

Jennifer A said...

You always get the cutest pictures with the authors! You are so cute!

I'm so glad we got to meet! I hope we get to see each other at many more signings. I need to talk my husband into going to Seattle for one!

I should have taken a picture of all of the books that I had signed, but I forgot. LOL. I love how pretty they look all stacked together like that!

I really like the pictures you got of Alyson signing! Those are great. :)

Alisa @ thenovelnook said...

Nice photos. As far as I know, in my country, the covers are all (and always have been) paperbacks, so no issue here; although it is always nice to have a matching series. Also, our covers are different, but they are all lovely. Movies would be interesting; I just hope they live up to the books, which is sometimes hard. Sounds like the event was good, thanks for sharing!