Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Illusions Review

Illusions

Summary
"I don't do patrols, I don't go hunting, I just stick close to you. You live your life. I'll keep you safe," Tamani said, sweeping a lock of hair from her face. "Or die trying."

Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life returns to normal, Laurel realizes that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail. 

What I Liked
Team Boy
Yes I am leaning more and more towards Team Tamani. I love his complete and total dedication to Laurel and  his not so patient waiting for her to come to her senses. But I also don't want to see David hurt too bad, I really do like him and would love to see him happy with someone else.
Drama
This book contained A LOT of drama throughout the entire book. Laurel is being completely torn apart about what choices she wants to make for herself and her future. Should she go to college with David or go to Avalon and learn all the fall faerie stuff and be with Tamani. Another faerie character is thrown into the equation and making things confusing and stressful. Lots of things to puzzle out in this book and some answers are finally starting to surface.

What I Didn't Like
It ended on a total cliffhanger!!!! Really!!! Now I have to wait around a year to finish the series. I now have to wait till I get to know what is going on with the trolls and most importantly question, who Laurel will choose as her forever.

Recommendation
Read the series and start with book 1

Information
A 4 book series
Book 1: Wings
Book 2: Spells
Book 3: Illusions
Book 4: ??????
 
Go check out my Wings Review to see what the original titles of the books were.
 
How much do you hate waiting to finish the conclusion of a series?
 
 
<3Books

1 comment:

Fiktshun said...

I loved this installment and so glad you're on Team Tamani. Me too! Isn't it terrible when you rush through something only to find out you have to wait. I'm so glad you love the series so far, but sorry you have to suffer along with all of us until the next book.