Monday, June 6, 2011

Spells Review

Spells
By Aprilynne Pike

Summary
"I can't just storm in and proclaim my intentions. I can't '-steal' you away. I just have to wait and hope that, someday, you'll ask," Tamani said.

"And if I don't?" Laurel said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Then I guess I'll be waiting forever."

Although Laurel has come to accept her true identity as a faerie, she refuses to turn her back on her human life - and especially her boyfriend, David - to return to the faerie world.

But when she is summoned to Avalon, Laurel's feelings for the charismatic faerie sentry Tamani are undeniable. She is forced to make a choice - a choice that could break her heart.

What I Liked
These books are easy fast reads, they only take me around a day or 2 days to read, depending on how much time I can devote to reading.
Team Boy
I'm still am not completely sure who I want Laurel to end up with. I like David because he is really sweet and very supportive. I like Tam because he is the better choice for her. Laurel and David only have so much a future together, he will grow old and age very fast and they can't have kids together. Laurel and Tam are the same species and he is also completely devoted to her. I am leaning more towards Tam, but I don't want to see David get hurt.
Avalon
I love that Avalon has been brought into these books. I loved that Laurel gets to go to Avalon for her summer vacation to learn how to be a Fall Faerie. I also like that she is having difficulties with her studies, it makes her seem more human and not a perfect faerie.

What I Didn't Like
I still feel like the book scans over the timeline really fast. I know she is just skipping the lame day to day stuff and leaving out all the potential filler stuff, but it just seems weird to skip over full days or weeks at times.

Recommendation
This is book 2 in the series, pick up book 1, Wings and read it

Information
A 4 book series
Book 1: Wings
Book 2: Spells
Book 3: Illusions
Book 4: ??????

Go check out my Wings Review to see what the original titles of the books were.


<3Books

1 comment:

Alisa @ thenovelnook said...

I managed to purchase Spells from a book sale, but sadly haven't been able to find Wings yet, so it is still on my TBR pile. I may have to resort to purchasing Wings online. This review gives me hope though, that the wait to read the series will be worth it. Thank you for sharing!

-Alisa @ the Novel Nook