Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fragile Eternity Review

Fragile Eternity

Summary
Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone - but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her - but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

*Contains Spoilers*
I am not censoring this review because I want to just say my opinions without dancing around any potential spoilerish information. I also figure that many people have already read this series and if you haven't... well go and read them and start with book 1. In summary they are fantastic faery court books with lots of drama. I also didn't post reviews for the 1st 2 books because I had started rereading them earlier and wasn't posting much yet. I have not yet read Radiant Shadows nor Darkest Mercy and I can't wait to read them.

My Biggest Issue
I have not been the biggest fan of Ash and Seth being a couple, I have always been rooting for Ash and Keenan to finally find their love for each other and stop fighting destiny. I think my issues with Seth comes from personal bias, I don't find facial piercings attractive, not a huge fan of the emo look on guys and I really don't like guys who sleep around without being in a relationship (male sluts). All of these things have made Seth the guy I don't want to cheer for. 
On the other hand Keenan isn't my favorite type of male character either, he is self absorbed and thinks he is entitled to everything, but he is the faery king so he is warranted these qualities and even expected to have as a born faery king. Therefor I have given Keenan a pass on his less desirable qualities and crowned him with my approval.

Getting Over My Prejudices
As I was reading through Fragile Eternity I was coming to the realization I was rooting for the loosing teams and I had to go sneak a peak through the last pages of Darkest Mercy to see who would eventually end up with each other. With less than 100 pages to go I realized that I am going to have to see Seth's other attributes and blot out his not so desirable qualities. Seth is a very nice kind loving person and he is willing to sacrifice his human mortality for forever with Ash. Ash tried to love Keenan, but her heart beats for Seth. Donia loves Keenan no matter how many times he betrays her love. Keenan does actually love Donia and does everything completely wrong which is very pitiful and enduring.

Still Love the Series
Even though I am rooting for all the wrong love matches I still completely love the series. I love the faery courts, how dark and mischievous they truly are. The trials of love, loss, betrayal, friendship and many many more things.

Recommendation
Great series to reread or to read for the first time.

Information 
Wicked Lovely Series
Wicked Lovely
Ink Exchange
Fragile Eternity
Radiant Shadows
Darkest Mercy

Graveminder (1st adult book)

Touring
She also will be on tour soon for the Smart Chicks Kick It 2.0 Tour. I will be in attendance and I am so looking forward to this event.
To see her events and find out if she is coming to a city near you go to her Schedule page
-or-
The Smart Chicks Tour Schedule (I will be at the Seattle date)

Were you rooting for the wrong couples like me? Or have you always loved Ash and Seth; Keenan and Donia?


<3Books

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great review hon! I really want to read this series!!! Also, I really like the breakdown of your reviews, it gives a complete picture of your personal aspects of what you read :) Well done!