Sunday, September 25, 2011

In My Mailbox #28

 Lots of Book Goodness
IMM #28

IMM is a meme hosted by The Story Siren, anyone can participate telling about what they bought, received and borrowed.

Received
 Since I participated in one of Josephine's photo contest I received a little swag pack consisting of a signed bookmark, chap stick, bracelet, pen and a purple bag to hold it all. I love it all, thanks Josephine.

Won
I won this from Jennifer Laurens contest she was having a giveaway of bad printed stuff or oops name spelling. I won a copy of A Season of Eden, I guess the print color it off, I don't notice anything. I'm super happy. Thanks Jennifer

Bought
From Half Price Books
I will be seeing her next Sunday for the Smart Chicks Tour, I haven't read it yet.
This is the whole reason I went to HPBs in the 1st place. My brother in-law gave me his 50% off coupon and the book was listed at full price $20. With the coupon I only payed $10 and I love the pictures in it. I will probably be taking pictures of the pictures to put on my Bookography post.

Bought
From Half Price Books
 I'm not pregnant yet, but we are trying. So of course what does a book person have to have! Books about pregnancy.
Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake, Abby Esptein and Jacques Moritz
Pregnancy Book: Month by Month by William Sears M.D. and Martha Sears R.N

Bought
Library Sale
My libraby was having a sale this weekend and this is what I got. All children's books except one.
Walt Disney's Treasures of Children's Classics
Basically is has many of the movie, shortened with pictures.
Bambi and The Little Mermaid to add to my Disney book collection.
Poems of Early Childhood
Containing all those childhood rhymes like Little Miss Muffit, The Old Lady in The Shoe...
Cool fun looking book

This Weeks Reviews


My Bookography Post

Author Event

I will be going to Cherie Priest's author event on Tuesday and I will be posting my review of Hellbent as well next week.

Reading List
1) Darkest Mercy
2) Enthralled
3) Any Smart Chicks Authors

What did you get in your mailbox this week?
Please feel free to leave your link


<3Books

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read any of those books you got here but you have an awesome grab! It's refreshing to see your books... the pregnancy books and the disney's plus the grimm's! I love fairy tales and i missed reading them... I hope you'll enjoy all of those... awesome picks!

~new follower,
April @books4juliet

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

Wow, you got some awesome loot this week! Congrats on your wins..esp. that STARCROSSED swag pack! And you met Lisa Mantchev? NICE!! I still need to finish reading her series Time, thou art thy enemy! (Or..something like that! lol)

Yay, another bookworm who grew up with Sailor Moon! One of my co-workers was so funny; he was going through the first manga on his lunch break and came back going, "Wow, the villains all died right away! This is so much better!" And I was like, "...I know :)"

Thanks for finding me!

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

OMG...and I just saw your pic on the right! I lovvvvve your bookshelves! That's exactly the type of display I want one day. Indeed, I need to move back into my own place again (aka...get a higher paying job first...) and have a book room! *drool*

A Passion For Books said...

Great books! I've heard good things about Raised by Wolves. Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

Kristina said...

@books4Juliet I love showing the odd assortment of books that aren't YA or adult books. I love showing off my fairytale and Disney books especially, I'm always so excited when I find an awesome cute old picture book :)

@Backwards Story I love Sailor Moon and I had a friend do some fanart of the girls for me, they are on top of my book shelves. I will have to put up pictures on day of those. I love them.

Thanks, I love my bookshelves so much, but I'm already out of space. I'm thinking I might go through the shelves and pull books that I want to keep but won't be reading and box them away till I can have my library room. I have to wait 5-7 yrs for that to happen but I will making sure out next house has an extra room for a library room.

@Casey I'm looking forward to reading the series, I just hope Ill get to it sooner rather than later

@Jessica I'm am pretty lucky living in Seattle, so many awesome authors live in the area. Hellbent was awesome, I love the series they are so entertaining. I really hope she will be writing more than just 2 books to the series.

Unknown said...

nice! very very nice!..thanks for stopping through...

Kristina said...

Great books this week! I really want to read Raised By Wolves. Good luck on getting pregnant! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

Kristina
Ladybug Storytime

Rachel said...

Great books, I really enjoyed Raised by Wolves, hope you like it too :)

Have a great week,

Rachel @ Fictional Fantasy

PS - Come and check out my IMM if you get a chance!

Unknown said...

Great picture hon!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Love the swag and books you got!!! :D Can't wait to see what you get this week!