Thursday, September 1, 2011

So Silver Bright Review

So Silver Bright

Summary
Things are never easy for Beatrice Shakespeare Smith. Something's happened to the Théâtre Illuminata, putting the only home she's ever known in limbo. Her mother's sanity is fraying under the strain, her father has vanished and an angry goddess is out for revenge. Bertie is caught between her duties and her dreams, just as her heart is torn between Ariel and Nate. But hope glimmers in a Distant Castle, and if Bertie can put on the performance of her life, maybe she can win the magical boon that may save them all.

What I Loved
Covers
First off I wanted to say, all 3 of these books have had amazing covers. I love how Bertie's hair is depicted correctly for each cover and the wonderful sidekick fairies always make an appearance. I can't wait to add the hardback book to my shelves.
The World
I was hoping in book 3 the whole of Bertie's world would be unmasked and you would understand everything that could or couldn't happen, but that was not the case. It's like trying to see something at the bottom of a muddle puddle, you try to take a step closer to see it and than the whole thing clouds up with mud. You think you might finally understand this world, but than Lisa throws you for another loop and you are completely jolted with another creative crazy thing. Cars, jeans, mechanical horses, carriages, flying pesky fairies, transporting binoculars, magical mirrors... the creative list goes on and on with these amazing inventive possibilities. I love how confusing and possible anything in the world is, life would never be dull being Bertie or being a part of her company.
Characters
Beatrice Shakespeare Smith aka Bertie: I love this witty smart mouth young woman just trying to figure out who she wants to be with, how to get her family back together and trying to puzzle out her story to make it all possible. She can create so many different things with the power of her words, it it just astounding at her abilities to create.
Nate vs Ariel: I never did choose who I wanted Bertie to end up with. I liked them both for each of their own qualities. I'm glad I didn't have to choose and I loved how Lisa wrote the end of the story, all are finally happy.
The Fairies; Peaseblossom, Cobweb, Moth and Mustardseed: I love these 4 nutty, wise mouth, sugar high sidekick fairies. I would love to have these little ones eat me out of house and home with all the crazy entertainment they provide. The fairies provide great comical relief throughout the entire series and there is never a dull moment when they make their appearance. 

What I Didn't Like
The trilogy has now come to an end and I find it very bittersweet. I'm glad that I have gotten to the end of Bertie's long journey, but I wouldn't be opposed to more stories later on.

Recommendation
Read the whole series, one book after another. Just remember when reading this series (if you are new to them) in this magical fantasy realm anything and I mean everything is possible. 

Releases September 13th, 2011

Information
Theatre Illuminata Trilogy
Eyes Like Stars (hardback and paperback) My Review
Perchance to Dream (hardback and paperback was just released) My Review
So Silver Bright (releases in hardback)

I haven't found anything information on her next works. 

Lisa will be doing at least 3 Washington Events University Bookstore, Poulsbo and Third Place Books.


<3Books

No comments: