Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Silver Shark Review

Silver Shark

Summary
Claire Shannon is a killer. She uses no weapons, only her mind.

Born on a planet locked in a long war, Claire is a psycher, a woman with the ability to attack minds and infiltrate a biological computer network where psychers battle to the death. But when the war abruptly ends, Claire must hide her psycher's ability to survive. She is deported to a new planet, a vivid beautiful place, where she meets Venturo Escana, a powerful psycher, whose presence overwhelms both her mind and her body.

She thought she had left war and death behind, but now she must fight for her new life and this battle might just cost her everything...

What I Loved
Characters
Claire: I love Claire's character type, kick-ass, strong both physically and mentally. Claire is a survivor, she can and will do whatever it takes to live (she doesn't sacrifice anyone for her survival though). Ilona and Gordan create some of my favorite character, actually all of their characters both the good and the bad guys I absolutely love. 
Venturo: Another sexy male character to love. He is the golden boy, but he is also a kind person as well with good moral ethics that he stands by. And I can't forget he has very strong abilities as well. The bad boys are fun, but he is the type to bring home.
Romance
Since this book is sci-fi the romance isn't the main focus of the book, it is a side accenting and enhancing part. I do enjoy books with a side of romance.
Sci-fi World
Another fantastic world created by Ilona and Gordan. The world did take a little bit of time for me to comprehend, especially the whole Bionet thing. My comparison is that it is kinda like the Matrix, but with different rules and a completely different look (no sexy black sunglasses, trench coats, leather and boots).

I Want More
Short Story
This book is less than 100 pages (not sure how they count pages on an eBook) and I could have easily read another 200 more pages, but I will be satisfied with what there is. I know that this is book 2 in the short story collection, my guess is that they are contained within the same world but different character's stories. I need to get book 1 for sure, I want more of the Kinsmen world.

Recommendation
If you have read Ilona Andrews you must read this as well. If you like paranormal romance or urban fantasy you should definitely try this sci-fi short story eBook.

Information
Kinsmen World
Silent Blade (eBook only)
Silver Shark (eBook only)
Kate Daniels series
Magic Bites
Magic Burns
Magic Strikes
Magic Mourns (in Must Love Hellhounds anthology)
Magic Bleeds
Magic Dreams (in Hexed anthology)
Magic Slays (my review)
The Edge series
On the Edge
Bayou Moon
Fate's Edge (releases November 29th 2011)


<3Books

No comments: