Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bookography (3)

Bookogrpahy

Is a fun new way to share the beauty of books with photography. Take a picture with the book being the focus and share the picture(s) you have created for the week.

Book: The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

Peachy

This is the final finished photo

I finished the photo in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (that is my only photo editing program) I proceeded the change the Amount, Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Midtones, Highlight and Shadow till I got the desired affect that I wanted. I am pretty happy how this turned out. Each time I seem to be discovering a little more and I am really enjoying it.

 The photo on the Left is the original colors 
The photo on the Right is me playing with the manual settings of the camera.

I did get signed up for 2 photography classes. One is The Secrets to Understanding Digital Photography, in this class it is all about understanding the manual mode and what things mean. The other class is The Art of Photography: It's Not About the Camera, this one is about how to view beauty and capture it. I can't wait for both classes, my October will be a very busy month.

If you would like to participate please do. I will try to post my Bookography post each week on Wednesdays. I would love if you would link back to my blog and share your own link in the comments.

Note: Next week I won't be posting my next bookography till Thursday I am camping this coming weekend till Wednesday


<3Bookography

2 comments:

Lacey said...

How fun is this? I've always wanted to improve my photo editing skills, alas, I just do not have the time.

Lovely photos btw. And I heart Sarah Allen Addison... Sugar Queen is my fave :)

Kristina said...

@Lacey Thanks, I really looking forward to improving mine. Thankfully I have a pretty open work schedule so I have time.

I also love Sarah Addison Allen's book they are amazing! I'm not sure which one is my favorite, I love them all.