Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nocturne Review

Nocturne

Summary
Claire couldn't be happier that her life has finally settled down. She's been fully initiated into her family's pack of female werewolves, her best friend Emily is back in town, and she's finally allowed to be with Matthew, the human love of her life. But when a new girl arrives, everything starts to unravel. Not only is the intruder getting close to Claire's best friend and boyfriend, but she may also know more about Claire than she's letting on. If Claire's secret gets out it breaks all the rules of the pack, and the consequences may be more than Claire can handle....

What I Liked
Wolf Issues
In book 1 it was almost too easy for Claire during her new difficult transformation times, but in book 2 she struggles with a very important ability and I like that about her in this book. Less perfect wolf and more human in her struggles. 
Claire
I liked how Claire kept on persisting through her difficult and seemingly impossible task to accomplish. I also loved how she didn't betray her morals and took a brave risk for not violating them.

To see more about what I liked about these Wolves, Claire and Matthew check out my review of book 1 Claire de Lune.

A Little Too Much Drama
The middle contained (in my opinion) a little bit too much drama. Claire is very stressed about her friend situation, her boyfriend situation, her wolf situation and everything in between, but at the same time the drama issues do contain some key components to what happens near the end of the book. I guess I am starting to feel my age, a 25 year old reading high school teenage drama, not the most appealing thing anymore. The book was a quick easy read, I finished it in 3 sittings. It did keep me engaged throughout the entire novel even though it was a little high in the teen drama section.

Recommendation 
Read book 1 and than read book 2. A great read for teens who like fantasy, especially girl power werewolves.

Information
Duology
1) Claire de Lune (My Review)
2) Nocturne out August 23rd 2011

The Gathering Dark
Unknown if this is an independent novel or a series. Unknown possible publication date.


<3Books

No comments: