Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bookography (4)

Bookography

s a fun new way to share the beauty of books with photography. Take a picture with the book being the focus and share the picture(s) you have created for the week.

Book
The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor: Vampire Slayer by Lucy Weston

Blood Haze at Sunset

When I was playing with the color, hue, saturation, brightness and contrast I decided I wanted to give it a reddish tint to symbolize the blood that would be spilled by both the slayer and vampire after the sun has set. I wish now I would have had a different setting for the book, but I took the picture while I was camping. I wasn't originally intending to do anything like this, I was just thinking sunset, beach and a book.
(PS I didn't get around to read the book yet)

What do you think? Do you like what I did or should I have just left it in its original state?

Original

If you would like to participate please do. I will try to post my Bookography post each week on Wednesdays. I would love if you would link back to my blog and share your own link in the comments.


<3Bookography

8 comments:

Fiktshun said...

Oooh, it's hard to tell. I like both for different reasons. I love the natural colors with the setting sun peeking out between the mountain and the book, but I also love the increased brightness that you get from changing the hue, saturation, etc.

If I had to choose, I'd say the natural picture only because you took such a great photo. If it needed some help, then i would have suggested changing it.

Great feature!

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I love the Blood Haze at Sunset! Nice work with the pic. I wish I had photography skills.

Kristina said...

@Fiktshun I liked the original unedited version of it, but I did enjoy playing around with all color and saturation settings.

I am really enjoying playing around with photography and using beautiful books as the subject. What better way to practice than to just try and play around. I hope with the summer coming to an end and the lighting changing I will be able to still take some good photos.

@BookLuvr Thanks I'm working on it, I will be taking some classes in October which I am super excited for and hopefully I will be getting a better camera some time after the classes.

vvb32 reads said...

i like the pink haze. the cover shows up better.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Oh wow! This is such a fun feature! I LOVE the first picture -- it's like art! It really makes me want to read the book =D

Kristina said...

@vvb32 yeah I was noticing that

@Casey Thanks, I'm having fun doing this feature. I really need to read it, I was hoping to read it during my camping trip. I have it sitting out waiting for me to start it, but I keep on choosing another book to read, Soon!

SweetMarie83 said...

Like the space case that I am, I could not for the life of me remember who had the idea to do this, so I'm SO glad you came to comment on my blog! I love this idea and would love to participate. The picture is gorgeous - both the original and the blood haze version. I'm going to see what I can come up with and hopefully participate this week! :-)

Kristina said...

@SweetMarie83 Thanks, that would be so awesome, I can't wait to see what you come up with.