Friday, May 13, 2011

Bloody Wyne Review

Blood Wyne

Summary
We're the D'Artigo sisters: half-human, half-Fae, we're sexy, we're savvy and we just turned in our badges to the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Camille is a wicked good witch. Delilah's a werecat and blossoming Death Maiden. And as for me? I'm Menolly, acrobat extraordinaire turned vampire. But being a vamp isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when the Godfather of all vampires decides to play Prince Charming...

It's the holiday season and a vampire serial killer is on the loose. Hungry ghosts are tearing up the town and people are running scared. I strike a deal with Ivana Krask--one of the Elder Fae--and too late, discover strings are attached. But when I turn to Roman, one of the oldest, most powerful vampires around, for help, he offers me more than I ever bargained for.

If you haven't read anything by Yasmine Galenorn I really suggest that you do! This is book 9 in the series. A word of warning to readers, these book have NO closed door policy for the characters love scenes. The sisters have multiple partners and there is a same sex relationship. If you have no issues with either of these they are fantastic romantic urban fantasy reads that keep you wanting more!

What I Like
Characters
Menolly: I am loving her more and more as the series develops. I like that she is slowly learning how to let go of her violent tragic past and blossom into her sexual nature.
Roman: He is the epitome of sexy, dark, alluring vampire. He has a caring nature only if he allows you to see it, but it is best not to cross him or there will be grave consequences. I am looking forward to seeing what will develop with him and Menolly.  
Vampire Nation
In Menolly's book we get to learn more about the vampire nation and just how strong their influences are. They can be great allies if you play by their rules or very deadly if you don't. I can't wait to find out what part they will play in the coming battle with Shadow Wing.
Location
The great Seattle Washington!! I love that these books are located is my home state, it is very fun to read about some of the places that are actually truly there like the Seattle Underground (which I have yet to go, I haven't done all those touristy things).

What I Missed
Since the books rotate between each sister, I always do miss getting their POV for that scene.

Recommendation
Great for people who love the fae, dragons, shifters, witches, vampires and all those great fantasy characters. This is book 9 in the series of at least 12, but probably more if the readers what it (hell yes I do!!).

Information 
Otherworld series
1) Witchling (Camille)
2) Changeling (Delilah)
3) Darkling (Menolly)
4) Dragon Wytch (Camille)
5) Night Huntress (Delilah)
6) Demon Mistress (Menolly)
7) Bone Magic (Camille)
8) Harvest Hunting (Delilah)
9) Blood Wyne (Menolly)
10) Courting Darkness releases Nov 1st (Camille)
11) Shaded Vision February 2012 (Delilah)
12) Shadow Rising October 2012 (Menolly)
She has a second separate series
Indigo Court series
1) Night Myst
2) Night Veil releases on July 5th
3) Night Seeker 2012
There will be at least 4 in the series, possibly more depending on story and readers.

She has a lot more information about the series on her website and a lot of fun fan perks. Currently you can get the Men of Otherworld post cards or the rest of the books as well Post Cards go down part way through the page, follow directs to the T.
I will be seeing her this Saturday and I'm excited. She will be at a few other venues this year in WA and in OR
Appearances check it out.

Have you read this series?


<3Books

2 comments:

Cherry said...

No, I haven't started this series yet. I was always planning to :) ...I got Changeling but I never want to start reading a series in the middle... so I'm kinda waiting 'till I get my hands on Witchling first before starting...

Kristina said...

Cherry you need to read the series and start with Witchling they are fantastic books!