Sunday, May 8, 2011

In My Mailbox #8

Oops...I Bought Just A Few
IMM #8
In my mailbox is a meme hosted my The Story Siren telling about what you bought, received or borrowed. 

Bought
(Yes I caved a little this week)
Left: A version of Hans Christian Anderson fairy tales, I love getting my hands on any old copy that I can find/afford (it was only $4)
Right: Hardcover L Frank Baum Tik-Tok of Oz, yes I LOVE Wizard of Oz stuff. I have just recently started to get any copy of the Oz books that I can.
I'm collecting this series and one day I will have to read them. I love the Atlantis series
4) Vowed in Shadows by Jessa Slade
So I went to a my local library and they were having a Romantic Extravaganza with a few romance authors hosted by Cherry Adair. I saw that Jessa Slade does paranormal romance so I went looking for her books and I found book 1 and 3 in the series. They are signed 
This was the swag I got from the signing. I also got a signed copy of Delilah Marvelle's The Perfect Scandal. Jessa Slade signed bookmark and booklet about one of the characters. Shelli Stevens romance trading card, Alexis Morgan bookmark. Fun stuff

Received eBooks
Mayandree gave me an eBook to read and review. I really look forward to reading this book. Hopefully I will get it in the next week. Thanks Mayandree
Currently you can get a copy of this book for yourself for a $1
Check out her Freebie Page to find the links
I can't wait to read this book!!! This is my #1 favorite author this book is the conclusion to the trilogy of the 3rd trilogy of the D'Angeline books. These are the greatest books, they are so beautiful and intriguing, everyone has to try these books. Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher

This Weeks Outlook
I need to order/get Die For Me by Amy Plum, Illusions by Aprilynn Pike and Divergent by Veronica Roth
My top 5 books I need to read
1) The Vampire Narcise 32% done
2) Betrayal by Mayandree Michel
3) Mercy by Rebecca Lim (ARC)
4) The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross (eGalley)
5) Blood Wyne by Yasmine Galenorn
Yasmine Galenorn will be a signing in Tukwila this coming weekend with author Kate Richardson (I haven't read). I really need to finally read the current book. I love this series. http://www.galenorn.com/index.php?body=appearances.htm

What did you get this week? 
Please feel free to leave your IMM link


<3Books

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh you got some good ones! I especially like the cover to "Naamah's Blessing" its very pretty. Hope you enjoy them all.

Here's the link to mine.:

http://j-rabbits-corner.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox_08.html

Shoshanah said...

I few years back I started reading the Oz books. I got about 5 or 6 into the series but never finished, and part of me is always thinking I should go back and read the rest of the books

Fiktshun said...

I can't wait to see what you think about Dark Mirror. I have the ARC and I have it in my pile but I'm waiting to check out a few more reviews before I decide how soon to read!

And you caved :) It's so hard to go a week without buying books, isn't it! Alexandra Monir will be at B&N tomorrow, I'm debating whether or not to go....

What a fantastic IMM haul!

Kristina said...

@Jessica yes all of those covers are very beautiful

@shoshanah yes you should, simple easy quick reads are always a welcome break

@Fiktshun I had started reading it, but I decided I needed to read some other books first. But so far I am liking the 1st part.

Jennifer A said...

I'm still scared to buy any of those books for the Dark Days tour! I am hoping that B&N don't make us buy books. :/

I really liked Dark Mirror.

I really want to read some of Gena Showalter's books. They sound awesome!

Yay for lots of swag! Swag is fun.

I really want to read Betrayal. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it. :)

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Unknown said...

Congrats, you got some great books this week (and how many!) :-)

I'm excited to discover Jessa Slade's series, it looks so good!

I have read the first 2 books in Delilah Marvelle's Scandal series and I'm really looking forward to the 3rd, let me know how you like it! :-)

And Betrayal looks fantastic! I so want to read that one too :-)

Have a nice week and here's to a lot of reading! :-)

Stella

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Yes! Definitely read Divergent -- it was amazing! Die for Me is up next on my TBR too =) Enjoy your new reads!