Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bookography (13)

Bookography

s a fun new way to share the beauty of books with photography. Take a picture with the book being the focus or inspiration and share the picture(s) you have created for the week.

Book
Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz

 Masquerade

Last night when was looking at my books I initially had no idea what I was going to do for this weeks picture. When I came across Masquerade I remember my Halloween mask I had years ago and I went straight to my closet and I hoped it was with the other Halloween costumes, thankfully it was. I actually think the mask is perfect, if you remember the cover the mask it has the same swirls and antique look. I didn't think I was going to put my mask over the eyes, but when I did and realized it the was perfect size I had to get a picture with the eyes showing through the mask. This actually took some work with playing with the light and shadows (I really could have used a little softer light, but I don't have that), I was working with an awkward lamp.
I am actually very pleased with how this turned out.

I changed the coloring to an antique sepia, it is a preset in Lightroom. I did use a new tool that I learned how to use last night in class, the gradual light tool. I the end of the title was a little over exposed and it couldn't been seen to easily. 

Class Update
Last night was the end of my 1st class The Art of Photography: It's Not All About the Camera. This class was amazing, it really helped me to understand what makes a photo, how to find the subject and create the photo to be the best. 
Last week I started my other class Level 1 Camera Functions, this class is all about the equipment, learning how to use and control past the auto mode.
I now even more want a better camera with more control and more options, I'm shopping around and trying to find the best camera for my uses.

If you would like to participate please do. I will try to post my Bookography post each week on Wednesdays. I would love if you would link back to my blog and share your own link in the comments.


<3Books

2 comments:

Kristan said...

I love your photos! This one is gorgeous, I especially like the mask. It goes along with the book perfectly. Great job.

Kristan

Kristina said...

@Kristan Thanks. I realized how well the mask fit when I pulled it out and looked at the book. That was a complete awesome coincidence.