Monday, October 10, 2011

Supernaturally Review

Supernaturally
Summary

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal. 


What I Liked
Conflict
The previous conflicts still continue to unfold and evolve becoming more disastrous than originally thought. These conflicts makes for great entertainment throughout the entire book. 
Mood
This book takes on a completely different mood than book 1. Evie is now in the human world and trying to assimilate into high school and the whole normal retinue. Without much surprise she is failing and not enjoying it as much as she thought she would. The mood and tone of Evie is depressed conflicted lost, she fits in with neither the paranormal nor the human world and I don't think she even knows where she wants to be. She wants both, but doesn't know how to balance anything. Evie starts to loose herself, but in the process she gains knowledge and understanding.
New Character
Jack: He is very entertaining and very mysterious. A completely unknown factor. I really never made up my mind about him in the book, until the end, but I can't tell now because it will spoil things.
Tears
Oh my goodness I almost cried at the end of the book, they were both sad and depressed and complete relieve and happiness almost tears. I was actually surprised that I almost cried, I wasn't expecting myself to start tearing up.

What I Didn't Like
I now have to wait a whole year for the 3rd and final book to be published. I have to wait to find out what the fairies still want with Evie grrr...

Recommendation 
A must read for all YA  paranormal lovers. You should just get a copy to buy, not borrow from the library.

Information
Paranormalcy Trilogy
Paranormalcy
Supernaturally
Endlessly Fall 2012

Kiersten will be part of the Pitch Dark: Dark Days Fall 2011 Tour check out the locations and dates she will be touring to. I will be meeting her on Wednesday, I'm looking forward to this event.

Have you read this series yet?


<3Books

No comments: