Saturday, October 8, 2011

Paranormalcy Review

Paranormalcy
Summary
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.


So much for normal.


What I Loved
Paranormal
My favorite subject and the title rocks. The book has all the greatest creatures. Vampires aren't truly sexy, fairies are the same unearthly mischievous/devious creatures, werewolves, trolls, gremlins  . . . the list goes on and on. Humans are under the assumption that the creatures that go bump in the night are just myths, not true.
Characters
Evelyn aka Evie: Her character flipped back and forth between love and slight annoyance. At first I completely loved her, she kinda reminded me a little bit like Rose and some of the other urban fantasy/adult kick ass characters. Evie does have many vulnerabilities and insecurities that adds flaws to the female hero persona, but these flaws are what makes me love her as well and feel for her. She has her good tough moments but she has her softer moments as well and you can see the teenager she wants so desperately to be. 
Lend: I do love him very much. I would love to be able to see his original form, it sounds so intriguing. I'm so glad Evie is able to see him for who he is, it just adds to the story and to their romance.   

What I Didn't Like
Nothing. I finished this book in one day, I had no desire to put it down. I only put the book down to eat, give my eyes and body a rest from sitting, but I went back to the book as soon as I could.

Recommendation
A must read for all fantasy lovers, young adult and adults alike.

Information
Paranormalcy Trilogy
Paranormalcy
Supernaturally 
Endlessly 2012 Fall

Kiersten will be a part of the Dark Days Fall 2011 Tour. You can check out her date and locations for the Pitch Dark Tour on my blog post.




<3Books

No comments: