Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pitch Dark: Dark Days Fall '11 Event Recap

Pitch Dark
Dark Days Fall 2011 Tour


with Claudia Gray, Amy Garvey, Kiersten White, Anna Carey & Jocelyn Davies (which I didn't get to meet)

I arrived very early to the event, an 1 1/2 early. I wanted to make sure I got the right seat for recording and I also wanted to beat traffic as well since I was going to be driving through Seattle at prime traffic time, not fun.

The freaking cutest chairs for the event. They only use these for the YA and younger events. The adult events get regular size chairs.

Since I was really early they hadn't even set up yet and I just took a seat near where the signing was going to take place. Once the event coordinator started to set up I decided to help with a few things. I helped to pre-flap the books and set them up on the wall.

Once the seats and author table were all organized I still had to figure out what recorder I was going to be using the camcorder or the flip camera. I decided on the camcorder because of the size of the frame.


The Arrival of the Authors
Introductions made by the Barnes and Noble coordinator
(Sorry about cutting off the introductory speaker, I didn't want to fidget with the camera and potentially cut out Claudia)

They first started off with telling about their books
 Claudia Gray and Amy Garvey

Kiersten White

Anna Carey

The Q&A Portion
 (Some of the videos have 1 or 2 questions that was because of editing and converting issues)

1) Who was your favorite character to write?

1) Favorite horror movie?

1) How much research did you do?
2) How long does it take you to write a book?

1) Of your characters who would you shag/snog, marry and kill?

1) Do you have any book/movie/media that you have to have when it comes out?
2) Kiersten, how tall are you?

1) Have you ever been reading through a book and found that your idea was used? Idea Envy
2) Who likes Dr. Who?
Thank you, ending

The Signing Line Mob
There wasn't much of a line, so I just decided to stay back and let everyone else go through and take pictures.


The lady with the book is a soon to be 1st time published author and Kiersten had actually read her book and really loved it (title is Storybound).



 From left to right
Me, Claudia, Anna, another fan, Amy and Kiersten

 The two girls in the middle are two other fans that came together.


Signing Stock
I didn't get Claudia, she went over to the cafe to sign her stock and Anna was already done by the time I had decided to take pictures of this.



I do really love group events, the energy of the author all together is so much fun. They joked with each other and you can tell how much of a blast they were having.

Before I went to the signing I was able to read:
Eve my review
Paranormalcy my review
Supernaturally my review
Fateful my review

I didn't get the chance to read Cold Kiss before the event, this was the book that I purchased at B&N to support the hosting store.

I am doing a giveaway for a copy of all 5 of the authors. Ends October 19th, US only (being sent from publisher), not signed but they are beautiful hardback copies of the books. For more information and to enter go HERE


<3Book Events

3 comments:

The More the Merrier said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I went to the Pitch Dark event in Colorado. I too really liked the group event, the authors seemed to feed off each others energy which made the event really fun. I had a really good time and I was glad I was able to go. Loved all the pics and video.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

The event sounds so exciting! Thanks for posting.

Kristina said...

@Nicole Group events are so much fun. I love the Dark Days events, this is actually my 3rd event I have gone to of theirs. They have all been so awesome

@Mrs Q It was a lot of fun even with being stressed about having to record it. I'm not much for video, but I'm glad I did.