Monday, January 9, 2012

Hallowed Review

Hallowed
Summary
For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning. 

What I Loved
Couldn't Put It Down
Just like Unearthly I had to finish Hallowed the day I started reading. Unlike Unearthly I didn't need to stay up till 3:30am to finish the book, I got Hallowed finished by 11:30pm. I got completely sucked into this world of angels, drama and choosing between two boys. When you are reading this series just forget about sleep, food and water and just finish the damn good book.
Team Boy: Tucker vs Christian
I have loved Tucker since he first started to show his good boy side to Clara in Unearthly, but I have always believed that Clara and Christian are suppose to be together. By the end of this book I have finally decided which side I will choose. Team Christian, I still adore Tucker and I hope he finds happiness just not with Clara.
Characters
Christian: Wow, does he sure shine in this book. We get to learn so many things about him and who he is as a person. I love his quiet support and waiting on the eaves till Clara is ready. 
Lies, Lies and More Lies
From Unearthly there are so many lies or untold truths as they might put it. In Hallowed we get to learn a lot of secrets, it kinda reminds me of those Russian Nesting Dolls. Clara keeps on pulling out different truths from everyone and some of those truths are very WOW.

Not My Favorite
Clara: At first she did get on my nerves a little bit, especially when she found out who in her life is going to die. I don't know how I would handle that sort of news, but I hope I would not be as selfish about it as she was behaving.

Recommendation 
If you haven't read this series yet you really really need to. If you have read the series I recommend that you pre-order the book so you can have it the day it is released.

Information 
Unearthly Trilogy 
Unearthly
Hallowed
Book 3

What you read Unearthly?

<3Books

4 comments:

Keira :) said...

Hey :) just reading your review of the triloy unearthly and i agree with everything except one thing . Clara deffinately belongs with Tucker not Christian. They clearly love each other and doesnt love triumph all?? Christian comes off as a little bit of a stalker waiting in the shadows for clara to make one wrong move :)

Kristina said...

I still really love Tucker, but I just came to love Christian in this book. I guess we will have to wait and see who Cynthia envisions Clara being with. I'm sure I will be happy with how she ends the story.

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I liked Tucker the VERY moment his character was introduced in Unearthly and I wanted Clara to stop obsessing over Christian, but in this book I TOTALLY fell for Christian.

Anonymous said...

Christian vs. Tucker poll

vote for your team! :)