Monday, January 30, 2012

Top 10 Tuesdays (9)

Top 10 Tuesdays
Topic:Top Ten Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks
 This meme is created by The Broke and the Bookish, anyone can participle telling about their top 10 topic items are.

I have never been to a book club so I have no idea what good books for book clubs are. These books are books that I think would make for interesting discussions.

Kushiel's Dart  by Jacqueline Carey
Carey has created a beautiful world of free love and it would be interesting to see people's take on this book.

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M Auel
The 1st book I ever read with a strong female character, I would love to see what other people think of Ayla.

Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon
A different/happier version of Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid. 

Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn
The use of all types of gods/goddesses is so interesting, plus the world is ending.

 Eon & Eona by Alison Goodman
Strong female character with an interesting situation for the Eona.

A Season of Eden by Jennifer Laurens
Student and teacher relationships, always an interesting discussion.

Divergent by Veronica Roth
 What is to explain.

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Interesting events that occur on this ship.

What books you pick for a book club?
Please feel free to leave a link


<3Books

13 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

I've read Across the Universe and agree - so good. I really need to get to Divergent soon - I've seen so many gushing reviews!

Cathy Keaton said...

A Season of Eden sounds like a book club pick if I've ever heard of one. I've read Divergent and Across the Universe, and I know I'd love to discuss those books. Great choices.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kimberly said...

The only book on your list that I've read is Divergent (which was really really good), but Discord's Apple and A Season of Eden sound really good. In fact I think I'm going to recommend A Season of Eden to my book club for next moth because it looks like a really good pick. :)

Kate said...

Good picks! I really need to read some of these, but I definitely like the ones I have read.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer said...

Divergent and Across the Universe would be great! I am intrigued by Mermaid and A Season of Eden. Great choices!

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews
http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-11-book-club-picks.html

Benji @ The Non Reluctant Reader said...

I need to hurry up and read Across the Universe! Great picks, and thanks for stopping by!

Jen said...

I REALLY want to read A Season of Eden. Totally agree about Divergent too. And as for Across the Universe... I'll probably agree once I read it! Thanks for stopping by Almost Grown-up!

Susanne said...

Nice picks! Divergent and Across the Universe are the only ones on your list that I've read. I am curious about Eon and Eona. Will have to check them out. Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle said...

I have only read a few on your Top Ten List, I must admit! Having dystopian titles for a book club discussion would be great- there's a lot of love/hate there and that would keep the conversation going!

Anonymous said...

A couple of these are new to me. Thanks for the suggestions. Great list.

-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
My Top Ten...

Heidi said...

I haven't thought about Clan of the Cave Bear for years! It would be good to talk about Ayla as a strong female character, especially in a current context where we are seeing this type of character more and more.

Just a Lil Lost said...

I totally have to read Divergent and Across the Universe!! Heard so many great things!

Mermaid looks interesting.. a "happier" version.. hm..

Thanks for stopping by!

Michele | Top 10

Toni D. said...

I need to read the rest of the Earth's Children series. I've only ever read the first book. Is Ayla featured in all of them?

Apple's Discord sounds awesome! Definitely checking that one out.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)