Friday, January 20, 2012

Midnight Reckoning Review

Midnight Reckoning

Summary
Two separate worlds ... One passion that binds them

Wild and passionate by nature, Lyra Black is not just any werewolf. She's the future leader of the powerful pack of the Thorn - if she can stay alive long enough to inherit the title.

One of the Cait Sith bloodline of vampire cat-shifters, Jaden Harrison has no interest in the wars plaguing the world of night. But when he rescues Lyra from a violent attack, they're both captured by an insatiable desire that threatens to overwhelm them and bind them together for eternity... just as ancient enemies prepare to strike. And when they do, the Thorn and the Cait Sith - and Lyra and Jaden's love - may never recover from the deadly blow.

What I Loved
The Series
This is book 2 in the Dark Dynasties series, Kendra writes her series  with each book having a different couple but an arching storyline connecting them all together. I love how she writes her series, even though I come to love the previous couple I always look forward to getting to know other characters that have been introduced and slightly talked about. Plus we still get to see how the previous characters are doing because they are still interacting with the new characters.
Characters
Lyra: She is my favorite female character type, she is strong, feisty and an independent young werewolf. Lyra is will to fight to become alpha when females aren't respected nor strong enough to be the alpha werewolf.
Jaden: What a hunk of a cat shifting broody tortured vampire that has always had a soft side. He made a little appearance in book one, but this book is all his story and I completely love him.
Romance
Forbidden love. Vampires and werewolves do NOT have relations of any sort together. For werewolf society it is prohibited and that werewolf would be caste out of the pack. For the vampire it is dirty and slumming. But the physical undeniable attraction these to have for each other can't be denied forever.
Paranormal
I love the history that Kendra has created for her vampires and werewolves. The vampires abilities are so different than anything I have ever read before and I completely love it. 

Didn't Like
NOTHING I just want more

Recommendation
Must read for paranormal romance readers, this world is awesome and the characters are amazing.

Information
Dark Dynasties
Dark Awakening my review
Midnight Reckoning
Shadow Rising July 2012
As many books as the publishers will allow

Other Books
MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy my review
Call of the Highland Moon
Dark Highland Fire
Wild Highland Magic
Harlequin Romance
Renegade Angel
Novella in Harlequin anthology Vacation with a Vampire Summer 2012

Have you read any of Kendra's books?


<3Books

3 comments:

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

Sounds like a great read. I don't think that I have ever read a romance between a vampire and a werewolf and this has def grabbed my interest.

Kristina said...

It is very awesome, a series you have got to read!

Nicole Luiken said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I just read (and enjoyed) Dark Awakening and will probably pick up book two on Saturday!