Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fair Game Review

Fair Game

Summary
They say opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son-and enforcer-of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant alpha. While Anna, an omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind.

Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles.

Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston, when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial killer case. They quickly realize that not only the last two victims were werewolves-all of them were. Someone is targeting their kind. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights...

What I Loved
Characters
Anna: She is pretty awesome character. I love how well Anna takes care of Charles, I love that she isn't going to let herself ever be the victim again and she will fight. I enjoy reading how others can be so protective of her because of her omega "powers". She is one of those genuinely loving and caring characters that even as a reader never want anything bad to happen to her.
Charles: Truly the Big Bad Werewolf, not the one to ever mess with. I love reading how vulnerable he is with Anna, they truly are the best mated pair for each other.
Story
Years of murders, now the fae and werewolves are being targeted, a big mystery to be solved and Anna and Charles are here to help. The victims are being raped, carved up with magical symbols and being harvested by blood magic. There is never a dull moment in this awesome book, something interesting in always happening. 

Didn't Like
I have to wait forever for another Briggs book <sob>

Recommendation 
Part of a series that is awesome, must read both this series and the Mercy Thompson series. Awesome urban fantasy series

Information 
Alpha and Omega
Alpha and Omega short intro story in "On the Prowl"
Cry Wolf
Hunting Ground
Fair Game

Mercy Thompson
Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed 
Bone Crossed
Silver Borne
River Marked
Frost Burned Spring 2013

There is going to be 2 more contracted books for the Mercy series and another book contracted for the Mercy verse, unknown who will be telling the story.

For a reading timeline since the A&O and Mercy books are intermixed, you can find the best reading order HERE.

Have you read any/all of Patricia Brigg's work?


<3Books

2 comments:

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I read the first 3 in the Mercy series and I just kinda liked them. But I didn't like them enough to keep reading them. I only read the 3rd one because a couple of my friends kept telling me to read them. I really didn't like the 2nd one. I guess I more didn't like what happened to Mercy in that one.

Fiktshun said...

I really have to read a Patricia Briggs book. I sort of skipped immediately to your "didn't like" section and saw the only thing I don't like about most books - waiting for the next one! Curious which would be better to read first, though I am leaning toward Mercy Thompson.

Great review, you have definitely piqued my curiosity! :)